Do you have missing pieces in your marketing? Do you know how many marketing strategies you need to have in place to market your business effectively? You need 15 – 20 if you are serious about increasing revenue and having a successful business. And that may mean hiring someone to manage certain aspects of your marketing. You do have a budget for marketing your business … right?
One of the biggest mistakes you can make is depending on Facebook, your website, and other online media for all of your marketing. That does not mean you don’t use Facebook, your website, email marketing, and all the other digital marketing strategies. These are tools you must be using in today’s marketplace. You should be taking advantage of everything. But that can’t be all you do to market your business (or nonprofit).
Consider what your competition is doing to market their business? Almost every business has a website and a Facebook Page. What can you do that your competition is not doing? You have to be willing to do what your competition is not willing to do to be effective in your marketing. Implementing on additional strategy could mean the difference between having another mediocre year and one of your best years ever. Every business owner (and nonprofit) should be a student of learning.
Need a few ideas? Here is a list of 29 strategies you can implement for little to no cost. And these are in no particular order of importance. You may find a few strategies you can start implementing today.
- Send a monthly email newsletter. This is one of the best strategies you can implement! Great for list building.
- Work on your 15-second introduction.
- Place warm calls and follow up with prospects.
- Ask for referrals (at least one per week).
- Attend networking events.
- Launch a direct mail campaign.
- Post to your blog at least 2 times per month.
- Create a podcast.
- Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram).
- Take advantage of real time video sharing (Periscope, Blab).
- Write an article and post to ezinearticles.com.
- Run a Facebook contest.
- Cold calling (yes, pick up the phone and call someone).
- Handwritten thank you card.
- Write a 10-page eBook containing valuable information for your audience.
- Set up a series of autoresponders for followup.
- PPC Advertising (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads).
- Billboard (in the right location at the right price).
- Radio & TV ads.
- Business cards.
- Market niche definition.
- Connect with former clients.
- Develop your copywriting skills.
- Create a one-minute video to share your knowledge.
- Create an email signature to use in all your emails.
- Website (less than half of all businesses have a website).
- Create a special offer for your current clients (and prospects).
- Send a survey to learn what your audience really needs.
In future blog posts, I will be going into more detail on how to implement a few of these. Can you think of a more ways to market your business that are not included on this list?