One of the best marketing strategies you can implement is to post videos on your website, YouTube, Vimeo, and anywhere else you can find to post them.
Of course YouTube is owned by Google, so you must be on YouTube. Here is how you can set up your YouTube channel with a custom layout.
If you don’t have a YouTube channel, go to YouTube.com and click on create account. Just follow the prompts. One word of caution. Choose your username carefully. You cannot change it once you create it.
If you do have a YouTube channel, sign into your account. If you have not uploaded a video, do that now by clicking on the Upload link in the top right side of the screen. It doesn’t have to be a major production. Use your smartphone or whatever video camera you have for now. Keep the length around 60 – 90 seconds. Introduce yourself or something simple.
Now you are ready to set up your custom channel.
1. Click on the down arrow beside your username in the top right side of the page and select My Channel
2. Click on Settings in the top left side of the navigation bar.
3. You will see a tab for Appearance, Info and Settings, and Featured tab.
4. In the Appearance tab, you can upload your headshot or other image and also change the color of your channel to match the colors on your website.
5. In the Info and Settings tab, you can enter your info. Uncheck “Always take subscribed users to the feed tab”.
6. In the Featured tab, you have options for the look and feel of your page. I prefer the Blogger option.
7. Once you have all your info the way you want it, click on the Done Editing button.
If you want to see an example, you can go to my channel at youtube.com/mikecolemanbusiness.
I will be posting a YouTube video on how to do this in a few days.